Helpful Links for State and National Organizations on
- Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) provides resources, tips and tools to build a stronger Texas
- Texas Legislature provides information on the status of pending legislation and information on state representatives
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) contains guidance on Title VII, Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA).
- JAN provides free consulting services for all employers, regardless of the size of an employer’s workforce. Services include one-on-one consultation about all aspects of job accommodations, including the accommodation process, accommodation ideas, product vendors, referral to other resources, and ADA compliance assistance.
- The US Department of Labor is home to the federal agencies that regulate wage and hour issues (Wage and Hour Division), safety (OSHA and MSHA), veterans affairs (VETS), government contractors (OFCCP) and many other matters.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)provides safety training program materials, including Power point slides; user-friendly search of directives that may apply to your employer.
- The Social Security Administration has information about Medicare, Medicaid, employer wage reporting and you can even find out how much your individual SSA benefit will be, using an on-line calculator.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Texas Health and Human Services